Childcare NEtwork is currently hiring for Assistant and Lead Early Headstart Teachers.
Salary: Based on experience and education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision are available on a pretax basis. Life insurance, 401K, child care assistance, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation time, and tuition assistance.
- Infant/Toddler CDA or TCC required. AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 120 training hours in Infant/Toddler content plus at least 480 hours of experience working with infants and toddlers OR state awarded Infant/Toddler Credential.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a classroom environment working with infant and toddler children, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion preferred
- Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day, if needed
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
- Excellent communication and people skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and child care licensing requirements.
- Work collaboratively with family members, a teaching partner and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Planning, teaching and implementing an individualized curriculum and providing quality care for our children.
- Provide individualized classroom experiences, embedded throughout the daily routine, that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Interacting with children both physically and verbally throughout the day.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- Assist children with their personal hygiene and clean up of classroom.
- Meet with parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend in-service and staff development training programs.
- Familiarity with GA state licensing requirements and Childcare Network policies.
- Familiar with Early Head Start
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research-supported curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Reflective Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed