As a leader in early childhood education, Childcare Network is currently seeking a Cook for one of our schools. Join our team of caring adults who help us meet our corporate promise of being “The Working Parent’s Best Friend”. You will have a chance to be part of a supportive team and make a difference in the lives of children. Our primary objective at each school is to provide a fun atmosphere that supports the education and safety of the children in our care.
Salary: We offer competitive pay based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision available on a pretax basis.Life Insurance, 401K, childcare assistance, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation time, and tuition assistance.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Experience preparing meals for a large number of people
- Enjoy working with children
- Must attend or have attended a Food Handler's Workshop
- Must pass a criminal background check
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all center staff meetings
- Maintain positive interactions with staff, children, and families of the school
- Follow all policies as designated by state licensing and by CNI
- Prepare the food served to the children in accordance with the meal patterns required by the childcare food program
- Follow the menus that have been developed and notify the director of any deviation from the posted menu
- Wash, rinse and sanitize dishes and pots/ pans and replace on shelves
- Work with the director to order monthly food items
- Pull all back dated food items forward upon the arrival of new food order and put new food on shelves and in containers
- Wear a hair net at all times
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in accordance with the standards set by the division of environmental health
- Perform cleaning duties including scour sinks, straighten and wipe out refrigerator, wipe down stove and fan, empty garbage after lunch and at the end of the day, sweep and mop kitchen floor, clean and sanitize office/staff bathrooms, clean oven, clean trash can with bleach and water, clean counter tops with bleach and water, defrost and clean out freezers, clean, sweep and mop laundry room, dust shelves in kitchen and laundry room, and use fresh wash rinse sterile water in sinks between washing
- Assist with preparing all paperwork required by the food program including meal counts and production records
- Willing to do other duties as assigned
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed