As a leader in early childhood education, Childcare Network is currently seeking qualified Head Start Lead Teachers. Join our team of caring adults who help us meet our corporate promises of being “The Working Parent’s Best Friend”. You will have a chance to be creative, be part of a supportive team, and make a difference in the lives of children. Our primary objective at each school is to provide a fun atmosphere that supports the education and safety of the children in our care.
Salary: Based on experience and education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision are available on a pretax basis. Life insurance, 401K, child care assistance, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation time, and tuition assistance.
- CDA or TCC required at a minimum. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, preferred; or an Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least six college courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool age children.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a classroom environment working with children, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion preferred
- Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
- Excellent communication and people skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and child care licensing requirements.
- Work collaboratively with family members, an assistant teacher, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Planning, teaching and implementing the curriculum and providing quality care for our children.
- Provide individualized classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Interacting with children both physically and verbally throughout the day.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- Assist children with their personal hygiene and clean up of classroom.
- Serve and eat meals with the children.
- Meet with parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend in-service and staff development training programs.
- Familiarity with GA state licensing requirements and Childcare Network policies.
- Familiar with Head Start and/or Early Head Start
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research-supported curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Reflective Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed