The Lifeguard ensures the safety of the children anytime the pool is in use.
Physical Requirements CPR and First Aid/ Lifeguard Certufication is required as well as DCF-40hr Classes
- Reach with arms and transport up to 50 lbs on occasion and lift overhead up to 35 lbs regularly.
- Standing, bending, stooping, and walking for 100% of the day.
- Ability to see and hear individuals in the pool and pool area.
- Strong swimming ability and maintain lifeguard certification.
- Exposure to sun, extreme heat, and water.
- Ensure the safe, clean and enjoyable aquatic environment for the children.
- Continuously watching all activity in and around the pool, walking around the pool area, remaining alert, recognizing emergency situations, rescue and attend to anyone in distress, perform emergency care and contact emergency assistance when needed.
- Ensure no distraction or interference with the ability to hear and see signs of distress.
- Set up and take down of pool furniture, checking chemical levels, and keeping outside bathrooms clean and well stocked.
- Interact positively with the children verbally and physically throughout the day.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings. Share information with other staff members as needed for the successful operation of the program. Maintain confidentiality regarding company, staff, children, and family information.
- Meet and maintain all state licensing requirements/qualifications and comply with CNI policies and procedures at all times. This includes meeting all training requirements by the state and the company.
- Maintain an awareness of child abuse, neglect, child welfare, and all licensing regulations and reporting procedures required by law. It is mandated by law that any concern of abuse or neglect be reported immediately. Our company also asks that employees bring this to the attention of management immediately.
- Participate in ways to maintain a cooperative atmosphere in the school by exhibiting a pleasant and cooperative attitude.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed