Do you have experience in accounting with responsibilities for company leases? Childcare Network is seeking a Lease Accountant to focus on accounting for our leases (per GAAP), overseeing all activity post lease signing. This role will also perform financial analysis in other areas of accounting.
- Knowledge of new Accounting Lease Standard (ASC842)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Expert understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 8+ years of related, progressive experience at a large corporation, preferably in a banking or real estate management environment.
- Work closely with management to review monthly rental payments for all school locations. This will include review of third party calculations of percentage rent and excess rent.
- Work closely with management, on a monthly basis, to ensure proper accounting on any new leases and changes to existing leases.
- Review lease accounting software for the activation of a lease once a new school has opened or for amendments and renewals of existing leases.
- Monthly, review any year-end adjustments related to CAM and Real Estate tax and adjust accruals as needed.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly close procedures, such as preparing and entering journal entries and reporting of financial results in regards to lease accounting, including monthly/quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for the compliance with new leasing standard including assisting with the selection and implementation of any new software solutions.
- Support financial reporting process with items required for disclosures.
- Perform special projects as required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed