Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and child care licensing requirements.
- Work collaboratively with family members, a teaching partner and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Planning, teaching and implementing an individualized curriculum and providing quality care for our children.
- Provide individualized classroom experiences, embedded throughout the daily routine, that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Interacting with children both physically and verbally throughout the day.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- Assist children with their personal hygiene and clean up of classroom.
- Meet with parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend in-service and staff development training programs.
- Familiarity with GA state licensing requirements and Childcare Network policies.
- Familiar with Early Head Start
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research-supported curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Reflective Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods